What if I said?
Rick Carroll
2008-01-16 06:29:41 UTC
What if I said?

That I wanted to help feed all the world's children.

What if I said?

That I have an idea that could possibly do it.

What if I said?

That I'm a real person, who doesn't want your money?

What if I said?

That I just want you to read and consider my idea.

Would you do it?

And

What would you say?

http://www.rickcarroll.ca/lovecard/index.htm

Thanks

Rick Carroll
r***@cogeco.ca
2008-01-16 16:43:57 UTC
I'd say "So what?" 25,000 kids die each and every day on this planet, and
your "plan" won't save even one of them. Why? Because raising money is the
smallest and easiest step in the entire process of saving those kids.
Converting that cash into food, medicine, housing, and making sure it's all
spent on those items, and then delivering the goods to their destinations
(once you have actually determined the destinations!). And assuming all
these things happened, then what? Your "plan" won't rid the world of
disease, droughts, floods, earthquakes, corrupt dictatorships,
ethnic/religious/tribal conflicts, unwanted/unneeded pregnancies, and on and
on. Your plan won't prevent the Nile river from becoming unusable for
farming and drinking purposes within 20 years, a river that in Egypt alone,
78M people depend on for sustenance. You had a nice dream, now forget it and
stop wasting our time with your spam.
Rick Carroll
r***@cogeco.ca
2008-01-16 21:55:21 UTC
..and this was his reply to the message, which i had also sent him
privately:

"Well buddy,

You are allowed your opinions just as I am. When they make you God then
maybe I'll listen. I guess you have a lot of time on your hands if you need
to put so much effort into complaining about something."

That's it. Not even an attempt to address any of the points i raised. I can
only assume that his "plan" so far is to grab a big buncha money, because
that's all he's ever talked about: how to get the money.
Rick Carroll
Raine
2008-01-16 22:54:57 UTC
What i want to know is that when did anyone make this Rick guy God? Its too
bad that it is a money grabbing cash scam cos there was somewhat of an idea
behind it.. but i don't think it would go to the right places, just
someone's wallet..
Rick Carroll
Mike
2008-01-17 09:27:57 UTC
I happen to know Rick Carroll & he is very giving & fed up with people
who in this world of ours are here just to serve themselves & not give a
damn about others. Some might see him a bit left of center but is a
better man than many. I personally feel that this town is full of
2008-01-19 17:15:23 UTC
I don't doubt his sincerity. But until he does the homework and thinks
further along than some type of credit card, that card might as well be the
"RickCarrollLamborghiniCard". Just like you need to have a business plan
before you go into a bank and ask for a loan.
Peter
2008-01-16 23:01:55 UTC
Is this your first day on usenet? Just kill file him and move on.
r***@cogeco.ca
2008-01-17 01:55:22 UTC
<shrug> He said he wanted our opinions, but I guess he meant only supportive
opinions. Anyone can have a dream, but dreams tend to distort reality. And
his idea isn't even particularly unique; lots of businesses will contribute
2% of their day's take to United Way or whatever. But obviously, the ten
minutes or so I spent thinking about his idea and responding to it is more
time than he gave it. It's all about logistics. In any case, isn't that what
this newsgroup is for? I don't believe anything I posted was off-topic.
Peter
2008-01-17 17:20:47 UTC
Post by r***@cogeco.ca
<shrug> He said he wanted our opinions, but I guess he meant only supportive
opinions. Anyone can have a dream, but dreams tend to distort reality. And
his idea isn't even particularly unique; lots of businesses will contribute
2% of their day's take to United Way or whatever. But obviously, the ten
minutes or so I spent thinking about his idea and responding to it is more
time than he gave it. It's all about logistics. In any case, isn't that what
this newsgroup is for? I don't believe anything I posted was off-topic.
You're right in that it was not off topic to the OP. The fact that it was
crossposted to .general groups across the country (and LA) asking for money
puts it in the realm of spam, IMO.